Monday, May 24, 2010

White spray paint, I love you.

I will never cease to be amazed at the power a coat of paint holds. Especially white paint. While I'm not a fan of white walls white accents get me every time. White curtains billowing in the breeze...be still my heart. White slipcovered furniture (watch out for that upcoming post) makes me want to do a fat girl summersault (which is just a little hop and lots of emphatic hand clapping.) But the best are high gloss white accents, like this owl from Z Gallerie for a respectable $19.95 and it's a vase!


Want a more economical version? You might get lucky (like I did) and find one at Goodwill. Yep, I found this beauty at Goodwill for $3.99.
Ok so it's not so lovely, yet. Notice also the wood candle sticks, those were .99 each! (I spy with my little eye something black, white and stinky in the background. Lilly Bean, not a skunk.)

A quick coat of primer and two coats of Rustoleum 2x Coat Gloss White and here he is...
I just love him! He's now got a partner in white as I just finished painting a pretty ugly flower pot and planting a Shrek's Ear Jade plant in it. This is the second jade plant I've had in the last 6 months, let's see how long this one lasts.

Edit, here's a pic of the jade plant, see it's not dead....yet.



3 comments:

  1. I love your owl! I would have never thought to spray paint an accessory like that. I am now putting ceramic owl on my tag sale hunt list! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius!!! I think it looks so chic, just like something from Urban Outfitters or something! I may just steal this idea for a project at my sister's place, it looks like something she would LOVE.
    Thanks so much for sharing your project and your beautiful blog on our first Fresh Coat Friday! Hope to see more projects soon~

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! you have a great eye!
    -brittany
    lifeyasadiywifey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete