Monday, August 9, 2010

A pictureless post and a poem for you...

I went to Goodwill this weekend. 
I bought three frames. Paid $8.00.
I didn't take pictures of said frames.
I feel bad. For you. For me. For the expensive camera I don't use enough.
They are in my kitchen. They rock. Chalk. Eggs. Keys.
This post won't have pictures. You're sad. I can tell. You'll get over it.
The next post will have pictures. You're happy.  I can tell. You'll probably get over that too.
Good stuff in the wings. Factory. Cart. Table.  Soon.  Be patient. It's hard, I know.
That damn dresser will be done. Soon. I hope. It. Will.

I'm no poet and trust me, I know it.  I did go to the Gee-dub this weekend though.  I bought three nice wooden frames (one even had glass!)  After a trip to SoBo in the Short North I had to get a frame for the goody I found there.  If you haven't been to SoBo, you must go-go!  It's a bit pricey at least it is for my Two Buck Chuck budget but the treasures, oh the treasures!!

There's also an adorable little vintage place right next door called Object.  The young lady who owns it (not a day over 25) is adorable, kind, and has a great eye for treasures.  They hand pick every item and won't put it in their shop unless they'd put it in their home.  To me, that's dedication to your business.  It's not about peices that will sell it's about peices you love, right?  (Ok, so the money ain't all bad.)

I even made it to The Olde Shoe Factory this weekend (we were busy!) I got to meet Polly from Sassafras Stuff and let me tell you, she's even more adorable in person! I found some awesome treasures (mostly from Polly's booth, ironically) and can't wait to share them with you as well. 

Some of those treasures will be used in the making of that lusted after factory cart coffee table.  Now to just find some free, aged wood. If you know of any, let me know as I've been scouring craigslist and haven't seen anything that won't require a huge truck. My goals is to only use things I can fit in the car and to make that beast for under $50.  So far I'm in about $25-30 on the "wheels" so I think it's doable!  You're just dying to know more, aren't you?  Good!  Stay tuned!

AND I was considering doing a give away soon.  I have no sponsers so I'm not sure how I'll pull that off, but I'm crazy like that so keep an eye out for it!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't Polly just a sweetheart? I don't get to Lancaster too often- it IS a bit of a drive for me- but when I do, I always find something in her booth. Looking forward to seeing what you bought.
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth! It was so nice to meet you on Saturday!! You have the cutest haircut I think I've ever seen!!

    I CAN'T WAIT to see your factory cart table! Like, I can't stop thinking about it!

    Thank you so much for your sweet words, and also for your business. It is truly appreciated!

    It sounds like you had a super busy weekend! I used to go to SoBo all the time when we lived in German Village but I don't make it there too often anymore. I haven't been to Object, but I certainly love the name and concept! Sounds like a place I should visit!!

    Hope you are having a good week!!

    xo

    Polly

    ReplyDelete