Tuesday, August 3, 2010

line my coffin in eggplant please

There are few things I adore as much as fabric.  Just check the spare room closet, you'll find little clippings of fabric that I just didn't have the heart to throw out to yards of fabric that I have no idea of what to use it on but had to have it. Translation; it was on sale.

I found this Etsy seller the other day on a search for vintage fabric and fell in love.  I think you'll love it too.  I can think of gazillions of ways to use these luscious fabrics from pillows to curtains to even little girl dresses. 


Let me tease you with some of their beauty...
Foliage in Split Pea
Blossom
Grey and yellow.  My heart. MY HEART!

Mum in Mustard
Curtains, glorious floor to ceiling curtains.  Huge crystal chandy. Can you see it?
Close your eyes, picture it. 
Ahhh yes, you get it now, dontcha?

Ginko in Eggplant
I die.  Seriously die.  This, line my coffin in this.  Thank you.

Oh, did I mention that this loverlyness is also organic? Oh and it's all handmade!

Yeah, yeah, it is a bit pricey.  Now keep in mind I usually only buy fabric from the back of the store (where the cheap stuff is) or when I have a 40% coupon from Joann's so in the real world, this fabric is probably "cheap" in comparison to other designer weight fabrics.

So which one blows up your skirt? What would you do with it?


2 comments:

  1. Speaking of skirts, would LOVE to have a skirt out of that last one! A 50's style full one, just to the middle of my knees and a big patent leather belt with a crisp, 3/4 sleeve eggplant shirt tucked in, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, don't forget great black patent leather Mary Jane pumps!

    ReplyDelete