Friday, December 3, 2010

My worst enemy....Me

I am my own worst enemy.  I am a perfectionist and I am very, very hard on myself.   My current self abuse I can blame on blogland.  Now, I love more than anything to read everyone's blog.  I pour over the pictures, analyzing every detail.  I print pictures, keep notebooks, folder upon folder of favorites.  What's the problem with this?  Seeing the beauty you all create makes me second guess myself and what I really like and don't like.  I have to remember that just because it's on a blog and it gets 100 comments doesn't make it pretty and vice versa. 

For example.  I am painting the spare room in an effort to make a "mom" cave corner.  I hate the color.  Hate, hate, hate.  It's Glidden Barely Jade.  The chip shows a lovely blue, green, grey.  The walls, are blue.  Just plain, boring, baby blue.  Atrocious.  What makes me hate it even more? Because none of you have used it.  I love the color in my laundry room because Layla at The Lettered Cottage used it, so it has to be a great color.  Our den color was approved by Young House Love.  Our living room colors come from the very amazing Monique Keegan as seen in Country Living and owner of Enjoy Co in Granville. 

The spare room...some crap I picked.

Why do I do this to myself?

Are you hard on yourself like this or should I seek help?

5 comments:

  1. I think everyone who looks at blogs has a bit of the "Why didn't I think of that?" That's what makes it great that people share. Don't second guess yourself and be so hard on yourself. Just remember, everyone picks things they don't end up liking from time to time. That's how the paint manufacturers stay rich :>) changing trends and indecisiveness.

    Just remember...everybody has something unique to offer, and I bet a lot of the ideas you have would cause someone else to think..."Why didn't I think of that?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are being harsh, girl...cause I've seen you do some great stuff on here! paint colors are hard...everyone's looks different, according to the light! We all love what we see on blogs or we wouldn't spend so much time browsing...and most don't post their oops decor, either, so It is nice when someone does. Thanks, Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I am SO hard on myself!
    You just can't imagine.
    Please share yourself and your home with us, I promise I'm not nearly as hard on others as I am on myself. :-)

    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies, I really appreciate your input. I know I need to be "kinder" to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, from what I see here you are harsh. Love your blog (found you a Honeycomb Creative Co.). But yes I am the same. This post spoke to me. I'm learning to trust my own judgement, and I find the more eye candy I look at, the further away I drift from the authentic me. Every so often I detatch from it all, and remind myself of what I love, what I think looks great, and sometimes people agree with me. That just helps reinforce the confidence I have in my own abilities. Love this post. Happy to be a new follower.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete