The storm I'm talking about is that I'll actually be posting some projects soon! You're shocked, I know. I know I've been away, I even lost a follower...boo...hisss.... I'm sorry, I'm a busy chicka! Between working full time, graduate school, internships I barely have time to clean let alone decorate, photograph and post it!
As of this weekend I will only have a couple hours of internship left and no classes until the end of June, I don't know what I'll do with myself "just" having to work!
Ok, I do know what I'll be doing and here's the list for you.
- Cleaning the backyard flower beds. It's like the Congo out there. I'm sure Mr. Toad loves it that way, yes, I have a toad that comes by every summer. Maybe "comes by" isn't a good term since our yard is fenced, he's likely more of a prisoner than a guest.
- Tending to my garden. I planted a raised bed full of Beekman Boys Heirloom seeds. I have carrots, radishes, turnips, beans, cuckes, spinach and lettuce. My itty bitty carrots and turnips already have little leaves! If you want your own heirloom garden, go here.
- Eating fresh blackberries. We planted a bush last year and it has grown like crazy, here's hoping we have big, fat, juicy berries soon!
- Finding someone to eat the turnips I hope will grow. I hate turnips.
- "Decorating" our back patio. It's a concrete slab with some wild and crazy hostas growing around it. It really is a pitiful sight. I think a vintage glider, a new rug, some potted plants, some Mason jar lamps will really spruce it up.
- Hopefully enjoying the paver patio off the kitchen. We are getting estimates and hope to be able to afford it this summer.
- Having a Jewel Kade party. Most likely on a Sunday in June, leave me a comment if you're in the central Ohio area and want to come and I'll send details when I have it scheduled!